.

.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Holidays

CHRISTMAS EVE
I hope you all had a very MeRrY cHrIsTmAs! This year we had a very mellow laid back holiday! On Christmas Eve we went with our friends The Clarks to Pine Valley Mountain to go sledding with the kiddos and when we got there they had shut the road down so we were unable to go sledding at all! So disappointing! But hey if you drive that far you can at least get a very yummy Veyo Pie! And that is just what we did. As you can tell by this picture Steve is still sulking with disappointment that our day is not going according to plan!
By the time we got back into town we were so hungry so we took the kids to Pirate Island Pizza. This was a new experience for me 1) I have never been to Pirate Island Pizza and 2) We never go out on the holidays! We are always at home with family! I was in shock at how many other people were out on CHRISTMAS EVE! Kinda crazy.




Mia gettin' tickets with Daddy.
Christmas Eve evening the preparations for Santa's arrival were in full swing! We made Santa some sugar cookies and the girlies loved wearing there Christmas aprons that Nanny made them. They love to be little helpers in the kitchen!








Strike a pose!




Every Christmas Eve the girls get to open 1 present- their JAMMIES! My girls are {obsessed} with owls and I found these adorable owl jammies at Target. When I saw these I knew the girls would freak out over these and they did!

Story Time!



When I was a kid my sisters and brother and I would have a sleep over in the same room every Christmas eve, so I let the girls attempt to have a sleep over but it didn't last very long. Tessa was keeping the other girls awake so she was booted back to her own bed.

Santa came! Do you like how half my Christmas lights went out on Christmas Eve! SO ghetto!
CHRISTMAS MORNING!

I live for these reactions on Christmas morning!


Every Christmas we have a big delicious breakfast before we open presents but this year they were too excited to wait so we opened presents for a while and about half way through everyone decided they were starving so we took a little break to eat and then went back to presents! Waffles, scrambled eggs, & hot cocoa, so yum!











Daddy & Tess resting on Daddys new camping mat
And can you believe it, we actually had snow this year! The girls loved the snow! Check out our awesome snowwoman!

ICE SKATING with the ROGERS

Just after Christmas we surprised the girlies and went up north to visit the Rogers (who we miss having as neighbors so much!). We had so much fun unfortunately the only time I took any pictures was when we went ice skating. So here is the entire recap of our little visit with the Rogers.

Kierra & Kendalyn

Mia was NOT a fan of the ice skating. She was worn out and passed out cuddling with Michelle

I think she is getting the hang of it!

The girls taking a little break!

Steve & Austin teaching Tessa To skate. She LOVED every minute of it!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS